Quote:

Quote:

It's good to see this thread take on a life of it's own!
I've been to busy to flow the other heads and sonic test the 5.7 block. I'm hoping to have some info this week.
Icon just finished scanning the late 5.7 head, and will soon have both a 10.25:1 piston and 13:1 piston with a 3.900 stroke and 4.050 stroke in a 5.7 bore size as well as 6.1 bore size.
This piston can only work with the late head as it's chamber is different than the early 5.7 and 6.1.
Brian

Will they offer a stock stroke piston? I have rods in my back and can't climb thru a rollcage. I can only use bars with a swing-out. I'm only wanting to make around 550 hp so I don't need the stroker setup. We talked to Hughes and a few others and the 550 mark will be an eay build with the stock stroke and eagle heads, drag pack intake, good headers and a mild hyd roller cam. I just wish a roller rocker setup wasnt almost 2 grand! Thats just crazy! We will be knocking the block 40 over and needing forged slugs. My magnum motor has been racing for 7 years and went 5 years with the valvecovers never being taken off. I hope the 5.7 will be the same but with more rpms and fun.

Yes they will offer a nice stock stroke piston but be carefull about using the late 5.7 hemi head with a stock stroke. TQ will be very low at low rpm so if your going to use tall gears for the street, I'd either go with the early 5.7 heads with some slight porting, or the late heads with a 3.900 or 4.050 crank.
Don't use the stock rods!

Sorry I have kept you guys hanging...I just took the family camping for 4 days to get away from work and spend some time with them.
Brian

Brian Hafliger