Quote:

Quote:

OK Quick question - I just pulled my stock 318 out of my '83 gran fury and when I removed the factory 90* oil filter adapter, there was NO gasket. This thing has never been off before. Is the gasket absolutely necessary between the adapter and the block?

IMO yes. Don't know what you had going on with the 318 but with all the oil that travels through there and having pressure with no gasket would make me

To the OP if you're just looking for the gaskets I stock them. Shoot me a PM

It's been a while since I put this together but I remember there being a groove in the bolt where an o-ring type gasket went. Mine is not in very good shape and I have a constant drip going right on the header. It looked to be more of a flat rubber gasket than a o-ring. Maybe it's just wore down. I also think there might be 2 styles of the 90 degree adapter. One with the o-ring type gasket for the bolt and one without the o-ring. Does the o-ring type gasket come with the kit ?

The part # I posted I think is a mopar part #. The Mancini part # is MOPP5249320. Not sure what the difference is ? Summit's # is DCC-5249320 Do I have an odd ball adapter or what ?