Awhile ago when I first installed my Carter AVS, I had an off-the-line stumble that ended up being mostly solved by going back to the original rubber accelerator pump.

I'm still having a problem with a very light throttle surge at very low RPM, with the rpm audibly wavering up and down just a bit unless I give it more gas when cruising at around 25-35. Today I tried opening up the idle mixture screws another 3/4 turn each and it didn't make a difference. Before I sent my whole dizzy off to FBO I tried fiddling with the vacuum advance and it didn't really change anything.

I've read some people recommend a couple of small holes in the throttle blades to allow the idle circuit to work better - would this be a good thing to try it if seems to be free of any misbehavior everywhere else in the driving range? If I try getting the engine warm and then turning down the idle as far as can in drive and it seems better, might this be a solution?

I've also read about drilling out the idle compensators, but I don't want to go buying a set of wee drill bits and yet another gasket set for this thing if I can do something simpler first.

1967 Dodge Coronet Deluxe station wagon

1.03" T-bars, QA1 arms/rods, Cordoba/GM Metric/Volare brake & knuckle, XHDs, Hellwig rear sway, 318 Magnum w/ air gap, 727, 3.23s