Quote:

I'm like you. I like the hardtops myself. If you are not going back to stock then you may want to sell the entire removed SE parts as a kit on E-bay. Some people like it.

The panel for the opera window is plastic and screwed to the body IIRC. Often they rust under the vinyl tops so until you remove the roof & panel you may not know.

I forgot the upper inner panels will need to be changed but they are the same for any 2 door 73/74 Satellite,Charger,Road Runner etc. Maybe even 71/72.

Lower panels are different in 73/74 because of the retractors.

The exterior sheet metal is the same between the hardtop and SE so the quarters and roof are fine. However you will need a lot of parts to do this conversion:

- new sail panels
- new upper rear panels (with crank hole)
- window and window retractor assembly + crank
- rear window seals
- exterior quarter moldings (re-pop'd I think but $$$)
- exterior door moldings

To do this, you would most likely want a HT parts car to get all this out of as piecemealing it would get kind of costly IMHO. This could easily get into a two-three thousand bucks unless you have a cheap source of donor parts and labor. This is assuming when you pull out the fiberglass SE quarter inserts, you don't find any rust which needs attention...this is VERY common as those louvers hold water on the quarters once those gaskets are gone.

You will also have to deal with what you find when you pull off the vinyl top and grind off all the studs for the vinyl top moldings.

If you want a hardtop that badly, I would consider selling the SE you have and looking for a hardtop you like. My