Quote:

Quote:

The crank will physically fit..yes...however you'll crash valves without a reduction in valve lift. The Tone Rings have been changed...yes they are interchangeable...make sure you change your crank sensor too if you do that.

Originally Posted by mattw
Will a 6.4 production crankshaft fit in a 5.7 6.1 2003-2008 hemi?
I know the crankshaft toner ring has been changed since 2009.
Will the toner rings from earlier hemi bolt on a production 6.4 crankshaft?
Matt
I posted this to a bunch of SRT engineers and their response was written on top.
Thanks to Steff i found out that the production 6.4 crankshaft has to be machined on the snout to make the early 5.7 6.1 hemi timing chain work. Plus on top of that, found out the toner rings are 3 bolt (early), 4 bolt late model.
How the hell does that make them interchangable.

Thanks for the post and trying to work it out.

This puts me on hold now on my 3rd gen swap.

My plan was to run a older 5.7 computer and change the tone ring over to the older since i would be using a production 6.4L

Great well not that I could get it moving on the project anyways as there still don't have any 6.4 avail,

Machining the front snout is no big deal and I suppose you could make a billet wheel to fit the 6.4 and run the older computer.
I THINK I was pretty specific in my question.
I think the SRT group need some old fashion hot rodders
Like stick the 6.4 in everything. IMPO you dont need the SRT badging on everything.
Everything about an SRT product is different. Bearing, caliper, rotor, upper lower control arms steering interior.
Take the 6.4 and put it into the ram 1500. Beef up the tranny and nothing else. Matt