Just from my experience I had some 13 years ago! After I bought my 69 Superbee I bought a carter 625 carb. and Mopar electronic ignition. Two or so years later I started noticing battery acid running out of my battery. I put voltage meter on for the first time and it was charging 15.2 volts. And this was 10 or so years ago. I had this overcharging problem for some eight years. Man, you talk about frustrations! I ended up going to a 70's style charging system and that brought it down a little but still had the problem until I bought a new 650 AVS carburetor two years ago. After I had my engine rebuilt it was again up to 15.2 volts. Well when I started going over the instructions I read where it said DO NOT!! hook the hot wire from the electric choke to positive side of coil! Well for those years I had it hooked up to the coil but when I hooked up the new carb. choke wire to key on pos. wire my voltage came down to normal, after all those years! That was my problem, go figure! So I'm just saying do you have an electric choke and if you do is it hooked up to either your ballast resistor pos. side or coil side?