Alright guys I'm bringing this 440 over to the machine shop. My machine shop is recommending wiseco pistons, and the owner (Joe) said he will give them to me at his cost which is just over 500 with rings. These pistons have a compression height of 2.05 inches. Am I going to have to have the block decked excessively to get zero deck? Most of the KB pistons are more like 2.06 compression height.

And I know when you mill the heads you need to mill the intake surface to correct the geometry, is anything required with milling of the deck? Or does it not effect geometry?

Also, whats the preference for aftermarket H beams, eagle or scat? They are priced about the same. I always thought Eagle was a better brand.

Other than that here's the gist of my build, throw any comments in!

1968 440, .030 over

Wiseco flat tops with valve reliefs of 6cc, 2.05 compression distance

Eagle or Scat H beam rods

Stock forged crank, turned .010 undersized

Clevite 77 tri-metal rod and main bearings, with the mains being full grooved

high volume oil pump

440 Source Stealth Heads. I would do E brocks but I really prefer the stockish look and the straight plugs. Upgraded locks and retainers are in the plan.

Old TM7 tarantula intake

DC509 cam, the old one with the 108 LSA

Erson ductile iron rockers

Hooker Competition headers

800 Double Pumper

The car is a '67 Satellite, 727 with ~3000 stall and 4.10s with L60s.

The car is really just a street car but will see some strip action just to get a time slip. I'm hoping for 11.80s once the suspension is sorted out.

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street