Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Heck you probly wouldnt really even need the extra bolts for head torque unless you were going for all out compression.

Kasey

... you seriously believe that ? ...

There is more than just installing the bosses , you first have to grind off the currnet casting bumps because the hemi bolt is about half a hole up from the wedge threaded hole , you have to do something about the lower oil returns at both the front and back of the block on each bank back to the oil pan.

Then there is the exhaust pushrod tunnels , grind the 440 block and you hit water ...

Well said John.

Laugh all ya want, I SERIOUSLY do believe they did that back in the day. If a machinist can build a TINY TINY version of any V8, they sure can figure out that small detail.

Hell Id try it for the wow factor alone.

That is if I had access to the parts to make it work, heads, and a lot of time.

Believe what ya want, I tend to think outside the box quite often, and have "figured" many things out that other shops have said is imposible.

Kasey

I'm laughing at you thinking the bolt up there is only needed if the engine has high compression, I'm sure the engine would run without it but if you've ever read any of the threads on hemi intake leaks just overtightening the intake bolts is enough to cause a coolant leak , imaging what would happen if you tightened the intake bolts to the correct torque setting without that bolt there at all .

You want to make a hemi block out of a wedge block , go for it I'm sure it's been done in the past . Keep track of the hours it takes you .