Quote:

Quote:

You would have a noticeable vibration at idle and all speeds , does it still have the external balancer on the front ?

Yes, the correct external balancer is there. It is possible to neutral balance them tho, would have to check the back side of the damper.

No vibration at idle, maybe a slight vibration while revving the engine... not severe.

A 440-6 should have a weighted convertor , the fact that it has the correct balancer points to it being internal balance though it could be internal balance. I have seen a 6pk dampner drilled to make it internal balnce and still have the look , you could pull it or use a mirror to look it over real well to see if it has a large amount of holes drilled 180 from the weight.

I did have a 440 with 6pk rods and heavy TRW 6pak replacement internal balnced internal balanced with just a small amount of steel added to the crank , I imagine someone could balance the crank to use the weighted dampner on the front and no weights on the rear but the only way you are going to figure that out is to talk to the shop that did the work originally or pull it out and have it checked .