Hi Adam,
We clipped a 39 Plymouth with a Dakota frame. The two frames are the same width right at the firewall. The 39 frame gets wider as it nears the center of the car (about the post the rear doors hang on is the widest point) while the Dakota frame is straight after it turns out after the front tires. We trimmed out 39 frame so the Dakota slipped right inside it. We never finished the car, it belonged to my son and his interest changed. Sure looked like it was going to be a nice setup. Someone on here bought the 39, but I don't know if it has been finished yet.

Also, if your front suspension is still complete, consider doing a disc brake conversion and mounting a rack & pinoin steering and upper shock relocation to your existing frame. The 39 suspension was a good design, except for the shock setup. My son's 39 was missing many parts. At the same time, I had a 39 Plymouth business coupe. My coupe retained the original suspension and I installed a disc brake conversion and also added a power rack & pinoin steering. My shocks were still in the original location (they were new when I bought the car) The car drove great but had that "soft" ride most old cars had, I think becuse of the shock location. Relocating the shocks was on the top of the list of things to do, but ended up selling the car.

I have some pictures of the frame swap around here someplace. Of the options available, the Dakota swap is probably the cheapest way to go until you figuire in rebuilding the front suspension, then all options come out about the same money.

Really, it comes down to your ability and equipment available to you. If I were doing it again, I would probably go the Dakota route, but then, I run a welding shop.

Check www.rustyhope.com for a disc brake conversion. Gene