Quote:

Quote:

Something came to mind. Transmission down 2.5°, pinion up 2.5°: on acceleration, won't the rear end want to climb (rotate) up more than 2.5°? And while driving, with the rear wheels propelling the car forward won't the pinion be up more than 2.5°? Will that cause a problem? Or am I over thinking this?

Edit: 340Shorty said what I've heard too. That's why I was wondering...

That is wrong with the trans down 2.5 and the pinion up 2.5. That would be 0 pinion angle. You want a difference of 2 to 3 degrees down so when the pinion wants to go upward on acceleration it goes closer to 0 but not 0 as you want some angle so the U-joints will work and move the lube around in them. If you had a trans say 2 down you would want the pinnion 4 or 5 down for 2 to 3 down pinion angle. Ron

I am sorry as I was wrong here. I was thinking the trans was the driveshaft angle and thats why I said it was wrong. I thought it was saying the driveshaft and the pinion were both 2.5 when they ment the trans was 2.5 and the pinion also 2.5 which is correct. Then you would have to measure the driveshaft angle to see what that is. If the driveshaft measures 4.5 up then the pinion angle would be 2. Ron