Quote:

A few years ago upon completion of my 70 Coronet I decided to put aftermarket front disc brakes on it. I still have drum brakes on the rear. After installing the front disc brakes, the car is nearly impossible to stop! I have bled and re-bled the brake lines several times. So it must be something else! Included with the disc brake kit was an inline increase/decrease valve, in which I have no clue where it goes, as there were no instructions as to installing it. Do I need to install it? My car did not come with power brakes, and I have not tried installing a brake booster yet. Can anyone please tell me where this increase/decrease valve goes? Thanks for any and all replies!

That valve is a proporting valve, google it so you understand what it is, where it goes and why you need it It goes in the brake line to the rear end , mount it where you can reach it easily so you can adjust it to increase or decrease the amount of brake pressure to the rear end. Ideally you want both both sets of brakes, front and rear, to lock up at the same time. You use that valve to limit the amount of fluid to the rear brakes and adjust it as needed, trial and error method.BTW, you may need to change your master cylinder also, contact the brake maker that you bought the kit from and ask them what size master cylinder bore do they recommend for your car and brake kit

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)