This is the completed version. I felt compelled to contribute something for the memorial page Moparts is hosting. It may bore you to read, but here were my thoughts while creating the artwork.

I, like many of you here, never actually met Gary. We sometimes shared posts and he answered many questions I had. What I know of him is mostly from other's descriptions of him. I know most of you by either your screen name or your car, such was the case with Gary. I wanted the art to represent the way I personally will remember him. The background is a blend of colors that fades from orange to red, the way the car did in many of the posted pics. It also has a texture to it that replicates asphalt, since Gary was very proud of how streetable the car was. I didn't include any pics of it while still painted green because I think the latest pics capture the car's personality best and represent the way most of us will remember it. One of Gary's last posts was of his new tattoo, you will see both tribal designs and his badge # 180 in there also. I thought it was a cool idea to make a Dodge City badge, the Dodge representing the Challenger and the badge obviously representing his career as an officer. The phrase is quoted from a little know Bruce Springsteen song called "If I were the priest" Which is on the rare 2 cd set "Before the fame". I felt I needed to include the Pic of Gary on the old Schwinn Stingray. I remember when he posted it, I think Peelerboy had something to do with the whole bike topic. It is such a cool pic, something about the way he is sitting, like he knows the bike is too cool! Laugh if you want, you know we still feel the same way cruising in our hot rods. I sepia toned it for a nostalgic effect. I think the pic of "Young Un" is my favorite part of the artwork, I can't really explain it. I put the Moparts logo on since that is where most of us know him from.

Feel free to copy it and use it as you wish. I really wanted to get some laminated and pass them out at E-Town this weekend, but that didn't happen. When the time is right, I would really like it if someone can show this to his wife, so she knows how Gary, in some way, affected each of us. I wont get into it here, since the hundreds of posts say it better than I ever could. Tom, if you or any of the Mods read this, please put a copy on the memorial page for me. Thanks, sorry if I rambled, just wanted to let you guys know why I did it.

Ed