Moparts

My personal memorial pic for Gary

Posted By: BigEdsGarage

My personal memorial pic for Gary - 05/16/04 06:59 AM

This is the completed version. I felt compelled to contribute something for the memorial page Moparts is hosting. It may bore you to read, but here were my thoughts while creating the artwork.

I, like many of you here, never actually met Gary. We sometimes shared posts and he answered many questions I had. What I know of him is mostly from other's descriptions of him. I know most of you by either your screen name or your car, such was the case with Gary. I wanted the art to represent the way I personally will remember him. The background is a blend of colors that fades from orange to red, the way the car did in many of the posted pics. It also has a texture to it that replicates asphalt, since Gary was very proud of how streetable the car was. I didn't include any pics of it while still painted green because I think the latest pics capture the car's personality best and represent the way most of us will remember it. One of Gary's last posts was of his new tattoo, you will see both tribal designs and his badge # 180 in there also. I thought it was a cool idea to make a Dodge City badge, the Dodge representing the Challenger and the badge obviously representing his career as an officer. The phrase is quoted from a little know Bruce Springsteen song called "If I were the priest" Which is on the rare 2 cd set "Before the fame". I felt I needed to include the Pic of Gary on the old Schwinn Stingray. I remember when he posted it, I think Peelerboy had something to do with the whole bike topic. It is such a cool pic, something about the way he is sitting, like he knows the bike is too cool! Laugh if you want, you know we still feel the same way cruising in our hot rods. I sepia toned it for a nostalgic effect. I think the pic of "Young Un" is my favorite part of the artwork, I can't really explain it. I put the Moparts logo on since that is where most of us know him from.

Feel free to copy it and use it as you wish. I really wanted to get some laminated and pass them out at E-Town this weekend, but that didn't happen. When the time is right, I would really like it if someone can show this to his wife, so she knows how Gary, in some way, affected each of us. I wont get into it here, since the hundreds of posts say it better than I ever could. Tom, if you or any of the Mods read this, please put a copy on the memorial page for me. Thanks, sorry if I rambled, just wanted to let you guys know why I did it.

Ed

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: My personal memorial pic for Gary - 05/16/04 07:02 AM

Nice job, looks great!!
Posted By: Spike

Re: My personal memorial pic for Gary - 05/16/04 07:09 AM

Wow! impressive.
Posted By: Dean_Kuzluzski

Re: My personal memorial pic for Gary - 05/16/04 01:06 PM

Very nice.

I like it.

Dean
Posted By: AZ-Nick

Re: My personal memorial pic for Gary - 05/16/04 01:34 PM

Ed - I can't believe how the memory of Gary flows in your picture, to me it is the most heart felt memorial I have seen, I am not saying the rest of the contributions are bad, but yours hit me the hardest. Thank you for sharing this.
Posted By: peelerboy

Re: My personal memorial pic for Gary - 05/16/04 01:43 PM

That is absolutely friggin' beautiful, Ed! Holy moly! Simply fantastic. You're quite the artist and captured things perfectly. WELL done!!!

Dale
Posted By: Diego_Ted

Re: My personal memorial pic for Gary - 05/16/04 01:49 PM

Great job, well said, Thanks
diego
Posted By: todd440

Re: My personal memorial pic for Gary - 05/16/04 02:00 PM

Well done. That picture of young gary on the bike just tears me up.
Posted By: Giggy

Re: My personal memorial pic for Gary - 05/16/04 02:06 PM

amazing work

Re: My personal memorial pic for Gary - 05/16/04 02:07 PM

very well done.

Posted By: 383man

Re: My personal memorial pic for Gary - 05/16/04 02:41 PM

Awesome ! Ron
Posted By: egros

Re: My personal memorial pic for Gary - 05/16/04 07:06 PM

That right there is fantastic!

Jim
Posted By: FrankenScamp

Re: My personal memorial pic for Gary - 05/16/04 07:09 PM

Posted By: KatFysh

Re: My personal memorial pic for Gary - 05/16/04 07:16 PM

That is AWESOME work..
Posted By: sixpacstac

Re: My personal memorial pic for Gary - 05/16/04 07:38 PM

Ed, that's very well thought out and it is beautiful. I have a feeling his wife and family will be greatly touched by it.

Rod

Re: My personal memorial pic for Gary - 05/16/04 07:44 PM

That hit me HARD I have tears wellin up as I type this

THANKS ED

AND GARY THANK YOU FOR TOUCHIN OUR LIVES AS YOU DID FOR SUCH A SHORT TIME!!!.............. GOD SPEED WE LOVE YOU

Re: My personal memorial pic for Gary - 05/16/04 08:03 PM

Thanks for the compliments guys. Just like anything else, when you feel motivated, things happen. If you look at the post time it should have been somewhere around 3 AM (LOL). I still think it would be great to have some laminated and distribute them. Maybe I, with approval from board moderators and members, can check into getting a bunch done and taking donations (like a buck or two) for them and contribute earnings to the memorial fund through Moparts. I keep one inside the lid of my tool box.
Posted By: FrankenScamp

Re: My personal memorial pic for Gary - 05/17/04 03:30 AM

btt for ANYONE who didn't see this.....It's great what poeple doing in these dark times. keep the creativity coming
Posted By: PlumCrazy73Dodge

Re: My personal memorial pic for Gary - 05/17/04 03:42 AM

thats is an awesome display man. I love it, laminating would be a sweet idea. Mike
Posted By: SeventyGTX

Re: My personal memorial pic for Gary - 05/17/04 04:07 AM

Unbelievable. Truely awesome! Its now my wallpaper.
Posted By: AZ-Nick

Re: My personal memorial pic for Gary - 05/17/04 04:16 AM

I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way, first off let me say that I had posted earlier about how Ed's work had me so Emotional and it still does when I see it.
OK, don't take me wrong on this, but what do you think about having Ed's memorial laminated on a mouse pad and sold here on Moparts, the proceeds would go to Niki of course.
Posted By: Black_Sheep

Re: My personal memorial pic for Gary - 05/17/04 04:23 AM

That's a fine piece of work Ed

Re: My personal memorial pic for Gary - 05/17/04 04:14 PM

65 Belved,
I would be more than happy to have the artwork used in a manner that would benefit Gary's family or those in need. Like I mentioned before, even a laminated copy to keep in your tool box or garage. I will be glad to look into getting a price on mousepads or other goodies if the Mods and board members approve. Again, I would want any and all donations channeled through Moparts or those in charge of the fund. Also, if anyone is unable to resize it and would like me to edit it for them for whatever reason just let me know.

If the board or anyone wishes to use the picture in any way, please do so, that is why I posted it.
Posted By: BADBEE

Re: My personal memorial pic for Gary - 05/17/04 04:20 PM

Thats cool.
© 2024 Moparts Forums