lots of bad info flowing today

The performer makes about 10hp more than the stock spreadbore intake on mildly modified engines, port size is slightly smaller but the port shape is much better and translates into a little more HP at every RPM. The LD340 is definately a step up, the LD4B has slightly smaller port exits than the LD340 while the ports them self are pretty much the same except mirror image and no where to mount coil. They can BOTH easily be modified to fit a t-quad with no adapter. The performer RPM will make more power every where in the RPM range than the LD340 (seen it on a dyno myself) not a huge differance but it is defniately there. The air-gap is the same exact runners/plenum as the regular RPM but it has a dropped floor to keep it cooler. They made the same power on the dyno, possibly in the car with air flowing under there it would keep it a little cooler and make a little more HP and possibly a little detonation resistance from the cooler charge. The weiand action plus was right there with the LD340. The RPM or RPM air-gap need an adapter or some welding to mount a t-quad, just not enough meat to grind away and get it to seal the base of the carb, when I run them I bolt the adapter on and blend the transition so it is more like a manifold desighned for the t-quad.

The only one that made equal power to the stocker was the street master, cool looking intake and may get better mpg but NOT a performance bolt on. I do see lots of room for improvement with a little grinding in it, especially the plenum (or the area where the plenum should be.

We also tested an M1 single plane and picked up power over 6000 and lost a little every RPM below that VS the RPM witch was easily the best dual plane.

Left over intakes are in the for sale section.

Engine was a stockish 360 with heads milled .030 mopar thing gaskets and comp 280 magnum cam cheapy headers 800 cfm t-quad.

Did not have a street dominator on hand but on my old 66 dart drag car ran the same ET MPH as the stock 77 360 4bbl intake.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!