Quote:

If those tires are not drag radials, I'd say you aren't going to be able to load the rear suspension enough to gain much there in rear shocks or adjustments. The front lift would be an issue though. I wouldn't set the front shocks different from each other. I would suggest a shock soft in both directions like the Koni SPA-1. I don't think removing the swaybar would do much, while worsening the driveability. There may be benefit in adjusting your torsion bars, a 4-corner scale would be nice but you could just adjust and test.

On the other hand, do the leaf springs still show arch at the backs? There were a lot of bad SS springs made that went soft, I had some that lost their arch in 2 years and threw them away. Bad leafs may be part of the problem even with hard tires.

Get some loose front shocks and bias ply ET Street or QTP tires for the rear. A bias ply tire is your friend if you want traction on the street, not a drag radial. Unhooking the sway bar will free up the front end, but at the cost of some driveability...not much though in my opinion.

SS springs should sit higher on the passenger's side. If they don't then I'd tend to think you got some bad springs.

Last edited by a9sec70cuda; 02/10/12 02:04 PM.

CHIP
'70 hemicuda, 575" Hemi, 727, Dana 60
'69 road runner, 440-6, 18 spline 4 speed, Dana 60
'71 Demon, 340, low gear 904, 8.75
'73 Chrysler New Yorker, 440, 727, 8.75
'90 Chevy 454SS Silverado, 476" BBC, TH400, 14 bolt
'06 GMC 2500HD LBZ Duramax