Quote:

Quote:

i think the same thing would have happened if it were water. look, i hear a lot of harping about respect- the g.d. car should not leak anything! any leak is a wreck waiting to happen. i see cars at the track with pieces falling off. take care of your [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean], gentlemen! sheesh.

That's what I was thinking too. First, I'm glad the guy in what looks like a blue camaro was alright. but, if the car in front of him leaked down the track, I don't know that it would matter if it was water, oil, ATF, Antifreeze, gear lube....the results probably would have been the same.

Racing is a risk, and again, if you cannot accept the risk that the track might not be perfect, and that the guy in front of you might have blown a transmission line unknowingly, half way through the run, then maybe it's time to make it a street car again.

Antifreeze doesn't cause crashes. ill maintained equipment causes crashes. negligent drivers cause crashes. and sometimes "flat out bad luck" causes crashes when a hose unexpectedly fails on an otherwise perfect ride.

if someone spills anything on the track and the driver does not know, and the track officials don't see it, nobody's going to know to clean it up, and at which point, it flat out does not matter what it was.

This right here completely covers the whole question.

The crash of the '69 is truly an unfortunate deal. Using the implied logic, we should no longer have external oil lines, transmission cooler lines, remote oil reservoirs, the list goes on endlessly.

I've been to at least 25 different tracks. 50 NHRA national events, 100+ divisionals, and never once have I heard the first word about a "anti-freeze" rule. In all that time, I've caused 2 leak cleanups. A valve cover stud snapped off, and a mist of oil sprayed out. They only knew to even look because of the smoke from the oil on the headers. The other a cooler line blew apart on the starting line, and I liked to turned a complete 360.

Any leak is a bad leak. PERIOD. And racing has a level of risk. I believe 99% of us take this very seriously. Those of you militantly passionate about this issue, I respect that. But each of us that leaves the starting line has to responsibly maintain our ride, and trust that the other racers do to.

This isn't bean bag, or chess. If you don't trust the track, don't leave the starting line.

I'm done with this, because no one is going to change their mind.

Be safe.

RIP