Quote:

Nothing in the rules ( as far as I know ) about how many pieces you use in construction. I had to shorten my halo, so it is actually made up of 3 pieces. Installed it first. Then the down bars.

Crizila, I think your halo bar won't pass NHRA tech due to it being cut and butt-welded, if that's what I'm seeing in the pic. It would have to have a sleeve over that joint, fully welded on the edges and rosette welds thru. This is from General Regulations 4:4 Frames - "All butt welds must have visible reinforcement (i.e., sleeve and rosette welds)."

Also on the questions about interrupting the roof bars with the dash bar, there is a complicated section that I think basically says the dash bar needs to be upgraded to 1-1/2" or have a lot of gussets:

For Sportsman full-bodied cars that require a roll cage (7.50 seconds and slower, including cars inspected to SFI 25.4 or 25.5): If the windshield/roof bars are interrupted by the dash bar, then either the entire dash bar must be minimum 1 1/2-inch x .058-inch CM(.118-inch MS) or the entire dash bar must be minimum 1 1/4-inch x .058-inch CM (.118-inch MS) and must be braced with gussets to
both the upper and lower sections of each windshield/roof bar. The gussets may be either 1.75-inch x 1.75-inch x .110-inch (with one 1/2-inch-diameter and two 5/16-inch-diameter holes maximum) 4130 CM or MS plate (triangle shaped) or 3/4-inch x.049-inch CM(.118-inch MS) tubing at least 4 inches long. An interrupted windshield/roof bar is defined as one that has been completely severed into upper and lower sections/pieces and then the sections/pieces are welded to the dash bar.

67 Dart, 426 Hemi, 9.23/145mph, 3400lbs, footbraked, owned since 1982