My two electric fan (non-factory) cars have different setups. The daily driver Supra has a Flex-a-lite 220 puller with a DC Control FK 35 controller. Temp probe is near the bottom tank, but at the side away from the radiator outlet. Also bought the fan operation indicator light with the kit. Some say to put the probe at the rad inlet, but I saw no need to have the fans run every time the thermostat opened. The temp gauge sits rock steady once it reaches temperature, and the fans only run occasionally at speeds above 35 mph, except in hot weather. Been in there 8 years with no problems.

The RR has a Flex-a-lite 480 puller fan with their controller. The probe is right at the radiator inlet, per the instructions. Might move it, depending on how it behaves once it's driving. But the few times I've run the engine, they've worked as advertised.

Both controllers are digital control, they control the fan motors by digitally turning the power to the fans on and off to slowly ramp up the electrical load, rather than simply turning them on and spiking the current draw on the electrical system.