Quote:

any forcasts on the future of E85? the subsidies ended, right? does that mean it's going away? or is the price of it going to skyrocket now?

Let's be clear, the ethanol industry was not getting subsidies, the blenders were getting the credits and that was typically an oil company that blended 10% ethanol into their gasoline.

So I don't expect the price of ethanol to be significantly affected by the change in the tax law. That being said, ethanol's price moves with the price of gasoline due to market forces. So if gasoline goes up (oil prices, etc), then so will the pump price of ethanol. It would help ethanol prices at the pump if more infrastructure was in place for ethanol like it is for gasoline; specifically pipe lines (but the current US President is against building any pipelines...)

I would like to see the motor fuel tax eliminated for high percentage ethanol fuels (say 70% and higher) as well as other renewables/biofuels. Keep the tax where it is for petroleum based fuels (but I am against taxes in general).