Quote:

Quote:

You can buy Dynamat Extreme bulk packs from Amazon dot com for about 1/2 price with free shipping. At that price, it's hard to beat. I used 2 bulk packs in my last car.

Exactly...I used it in a semi truck, well worth it.

I put 8 bulk packs in a Mercedes I had. While it really helped the sound of the stereo in that car. Truth is, if I use just enough Dynamat to partially cover the problem panels and deaden their resonance. I would have saved a lot of money by not covering the entire interior and trunk. I could have used strips of Dynamat with space between the strips to get nearly the same result. That's how they do aircraft. It helps keep the weight down too.
Subdueing the resonnance of the panels when you tap on them is what your after. Once you've accomplished that, The Insulator pad works better at keeping heat noise and vibration out. It's way cheaper and easier to install and remove as well.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)