Quote:

Anselmi, are you restoring the 63 Plymouth Max Wedge back to day one, or leaving some of the aftermarket race stuff on it. I remember when you bought that old 63 Max Wedge project awhile back, the ad said that it might have been Dick Landy's old car, did you ever find out whose car it was.

Don't want to hijack Eric's thread, maybe start my own on the project section... but at this point I have only decided that the sheetmetal will go back to factory condition. One cool option would be to finish it as the "sister" S/S car for Fred Sanders' identical white/blue S/SA car, that it originally was ordered to be... 50 years too late.

As the car was ordered by Al Roberts Plymouth Inc with the idea of Fred (at that time employed by the dealership) racing it, it wasn't a "sold car" when new. Before the car hit any track, the idea of campaigning a 3-speed manual car was cancelled though, when they thought that the T85 wasn't strong enough (they saw a fellow racer blow up his). At that point the car was probably sold as a new car to someone looking for a nice set of wheels

I have not been able to track down any previous owners from the early days, but heard someone tell me that Landy's car has allready been found and this is not it.

'66 Plymouth
'64 Dodge
'63 Plymouth x 3