Quote:

Jim, just assuming that it is a Lynch Road or maybe a St Louis built car but thinking more Lynch Road.

Sometimes the top would read RED for redline tire and then the F 70 under that for the tire size and then under that would be the rim size 15 and then under that the color of the rim/wheel. With full wheel covers or no covers on the A12 (in '69 of course) is was a "X" for a black wheel and in your case with the dog dishes they would be body color so they would use the car's paint code....don't know what your color is so I'll guess at RR1

I've seen several different ways but it usually had the tire stripe R for redline and W for white line or wall, the series and sizw F70, G70 and the rim size 14, 15 and wheel color X = black or the body color code

Something like:

RED
F 70
RR1

OR LIKE THIS

F40 X 15
RED

OR

Here's a link to just one of the discussions on this from the A12 Registry:

http://a12mopar.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1319412344

MikeR

Lynch road was a good assumption. I can't see a "red" or a "15" were I sanded off...not to say it might not have been there but can't be sure. It also looks like this may have one of those things that varied from plant to plant and shift to shift??? If the "X" denotes black spare then maybe I'm not really seeing an "X" on mine. I can't be really sure what it might have been. So for 68 - most likely should have been f 70 red or f 70 red pp?

Jim