Yes way that's what the bracket is for! The pic with the zip ties is supposed to look wrong, I was not trying to make something that would work, I was showing the strangeness and non compatibility of the supplied parts the way they came. This thread is not about making a good switch location, it is about the formerly mysterious bracket supplied in the kit and touted in the literature.

The phone tech looked at the instructions and didn't know how it worked either. I never saw a momentary button exactly like this one and with the permanant and beefy shrink wrap obscuring the button's mounting bezel it was a mystery how to use the supplied button.

I have a very short shifter both for short throws and so that I have room for my right leg while driving (I'm over 6' tall). I use a pistol grip to get a little more leverage and comfort with the short arm. I am going to make a smal bracket to hold an arming switch and an indicator light for when the lock is active. I haven't decided if I'll use a pistol grip with an integral button- I often palm the top of the handle and I don't want hundreds (thousands?) of unnecesary cycles on the momentary.

I agree it's ugly as all get out and if I use it in the meantime I will be dressing the corners etc. The bracket is designed to take two switches, another reason it was confusing!

Rdr