It'll cost whatever the flat rate says plus incidentals and tax. Call the service writer and he should be able to tell you TO THE PENNY what the charge will be. No need to guess.

I used to be upset at those $80/hr (now closer to $150/hr) labor rates until I thought about how much money I'd have to handle in a day to pay for overhead and insurance and a wage if I was in business for myself. It'll flat floor you when you think in those terms. And that's every day. There's no garage fairy doling out money to needy shop owners. Even the large auto dealerships stay in business by selling service.

So if you can't pay the time, don't do the crime. I do most of my own work because I can't afford $80 to change transmission fluid on a car with no changeable filter. Just drain and refill, $80. Five quarts at $6 a quart because it's an import using special synthetic was my total outlay. Changing 4 spark plugs and new wires on a DOHC motor with the plugs right on top? $150. Cost me $48. But my garage is already paid for and I have a fulltime job. Home labor pays $0.

Someone else mentioned knowledge and tools. That's huge. Take away either and you are looking at the possibility of enormous bills to make it right after you have boogered it up. Also, I am an engineer. What makes me twice as valuable as a kid fresh out of college? Experience and specialized knowledge that you don't get in school. That's all, but it's major.

Off my soapbox,
R.