Quote:

Quote:

I have a 74 dart sport with the hand crank factory sunroof which is badly worn. The block where the draw wires run through is so badly worn that the roof won't close without extra help pushing it up. If your going to use the old roof make sure it is working smoothly before installing it, parts for these are hard to find

I have a 74 Duster360 with same issue. Although after looking at it for a long time, I think the thing to do is get a new gear made (the one that is the hand crank)that is a couple of mm larger in diameter, and that will engage the cables better, allowing it to close the roof.

Mark

Cable or Electric ASC sunroofs: the problem with the "drive system" for the cables is not the gear (there's only one) it's the block that holds the gear, it's aluminum, and what happens is over the years the aluminum wears away where the cables are guided by the channels cast into the drive block that the gear meshes with both cables to open/close the panel,as the channels wear they loose contact/mesh with the crank gear (regardless hand/elec.)....the only cure is machine a channel drive block out of steel, then double case harden it for wear, this is what I've done for customers sunroof cars in the past....it's not an elaborate piece to machince

Mike