Quote:

And john, I was looking for more info on the crank and flywheel, so maybe you can help next time.

Ok let me see here, the block could be a cop car or muscle car block, nothing special just a nice block. Still has cross-hatching marks from when it was rebuilt.

Nobody has info on the crank, as it has NO NUMBERS on it what so ever or that is has a grey coating on it that has no signs of rust though it was being stored outside and exsposed for over a year plus part-way submerged in water? Also, it looks to have been machined, so the counter weight look to have been cut for balancing, hard to tell. That's why I'm having trouble figuring it out.

Thank you for clearing up the core shift number thing, I was up late and posting while I was tired.

Nobody knows what the flywheel goes to?

you didn't ask for anything specific just for MORE info ??

anyway that engine would have had 6pk rods in it , so 6pk balancer and external balance flywheel if it were in front of a 4 speed. and numbers , I haven't seen any numbers on forged cranks other than a single digit here or there , is this the first forged 440 crank you have seen ???

as to why it's not a rusted piece of crap , it was probably coated with something to prevent that and it was cleaned off ? the color who knows , have you miced it to see what size journals they are ???

as far as the rest , what Andy said ...