Normally I can do the basic ID thing, but all my stuff is at my friends house while remodeling, thus my need for some info. I bought this 440 block, fly wheel, truck 4brr aircleaner and crankshaft for like $80 (I figured with the price so low, what do I have to loose?).

FLywheel number is #3705410 unsure if it's to the 440.

block is a motorhome block or truck, figure 8 passages and looks to have been bored over .030 and still has the cross hatching in the cylinders. Though the water passages have some powered dust, the block is pretty clean for something sitting outside in a puddle in a plastic bag for over a year. Here are some numbers off it:

Pad
4T 440 HP
2 2 1

vin pad
4A225160

casting numbers on side

1-24-74 date
3698880-440-7 core shift number

Her is the crankshaft, which has no numbers on it, just a cast '5' in the front throw and a 'R'in the throw. I would almost swear it's forged, as when I banged it, it had the crispest sound I ever hear in a crank, not the thicker sound of a cast unit. Now if you look at the crank, it's grey in color. I figured the guy might have just painted it. I come to find out after I bought it, it was sitting in a puddle of water with no pertection and it has no rust on it? Comes to find out the stuff came from a machine shop that went out of business and the parts were sold as property adandons. Never seen a crankshaft that could sit in a water soaked bag outside and not rust, weird.

Here is a link to more pictures:
http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa253/moparkillers/?special_track=nav_tab_my_albums

anybody has any info?