Quote:

On another, much more serious note, these heads were max-ported, and a few days ago, I noticed a 'void' (or so I thought) on the wall of the intake port divider.Small, like BB sized.Noted to self to address later.
Later came tonight, and I realized that all 4 intake port divider walls had the same issue.The 1/4 inch VC bolt holes were slightly broken through into the port divider.I didn't use super long VC bolts or anything, and I do not remember seeing these'holes' before I installed the intake.Maybe there was a little oil in the VC bolt holes and I hydraulic'ed the bottom out of the holes??I have about an hour of runtime on the motor, so I now need to decide if the heads have to come off.as far as the breakouts, I will just JB them and smooth off,then use 1/4"studs and nuts on the VCs.
The 'chips' would be roughly 1/16" to 1/8" in diameter, and maybe .020 thick, maybe slightly thicker, I dunno.If they are loose in the chambers and manage to wedge against the piston wall,(If they haven't already) it will score the cylinder and maybe damage the piston.As it is now, they already went thru the valves, so whatever happened there, is done.
Thoughts on both?
Thanks, C

NO JB weld please! IMO the JB weld could break loose and end up in the chambers.

Did you have alot of silicone in the bolt holes for the valve covers? Too much could break the casting if its got no place to go.

Time to pull the heads and have it brazed, or if your really not worried ( I cant tell how bad it is without pics) silicone the bolts and let that seal it up.

You really need to pull it anyway, the metal from the heads got into the chambers, you need to look for damage now.

I used to care but....... things have changed