As I have stated before,The FAA althought they would not give me all their specs, because it is so they say classified, tell me, they only demand that seat belts in commercial airliners that travel at 600 mph be replaced if, they are tore or cut. Isn't that strange, that the NHRA tech people cannot say to you that these belts appear to be frayed-cut-or wore out, so you must replace them, it must be a money thing.
I would think that the NHRA tech people, would be more concerned if your slicks had threads showing or the wear holes were gone or have you ever had an NHRA tech guy look at your front tires to see if they were cracked or wore out. I understand that it is not uncommon for the inner sides of your front tires to go away because of the intense heat from the headers.

As for the helmets, I sold a lot of helmets when we were in the snowmobile business and I once had another salesman make a statement to a customer when asked what the difference was between the $10.00 helmet vs the $200.00 helmet, his answer was a classic! He told the customer if you have a $10.00 head buy a $10.00 helmet, if you head is worth $200.00 to you, then you should buy the $200.00 helmet. I do think NHRA is fair on the helmet rules. HEMI JOE