Quote:

mark, what do you have in mind to "support" your door ? does it sag now or just not close "right". i just HATE to see a door slammed to close ! my humpy may not end up with a perfect body, but i guarentee the doors will close with a soft "click-click" one way or a 'nuther!

Eric,
I haven't decided what to do with the doors just yet. I thought this might be a problem when I rebuilt the doors, knowing that I wanted to put real glass in the doors this time.I reinforced the hinge mounting area, in hopes that would help support the added weight. The regulator isn't very heavy, but the combined weight is apparently too much! The door closes with a double "click" as you described. However it is dragging on the rocker at the rear.I made a temporary "skid" plate to protect the paint on the rocker. I can't decide if I want to make a small permanent "skid" plate there or what. I thought about using the UHMW plastic on the bottom of the door, and a stainless steel plate on the rocker, or,, try to make a turnbuckle and cable inside the door,to try and lift the rear!?!?
Any ideas ?
Thanks for asking.
Mark

1996 Ram 1500 Sport
1968 road runner
1952 Sears Allstate licensed, pump gas, Hemi 5.98 @ 115.73 1.33 60 ft. The best is yet to come. Painless Performance / Street RODDER magazine Top 100 for 2019