Hey guys,

I finally got my Charger back after it being in the body shop being worked on slowly for the past four years. The engine was run every once in a while but probably not long enough to warm up much like it should be. Motor was also not ever properly tuned and tended to run rich. Motor was freshly rebuilt at the beginning of this process. it has a Holley 4150 on it.

I notice now when I bring it up to operating temp, it diesels for a few seconds after I cut it off. I am thinking old/bad gas, carb idle to high, or carbon buildup from the rich condition or some combination thereof.

Would you guys run a quart of ATF through the card while the motor runs to see if it can blast some of that crap out? I'm planning on doing the other stuff liske spark plug changes and an oil change as well.

Eventually I want to tear the motor back down and do some more to it now that I have done more research but for now I would just like to get the motor running somewhat relaibly and make sure I don't damage it int he meantime.

WHat would you guys do to clean this out? Anything to pay attention to? Thanks!!