Quote:

Quote:

my stock bore, stroke, iron block, iron head, single 4bbl, 9.1 compression hemi was dynoed with and without headers. 498 hp with manifolds, 511 with 3" headers. Already had 2.5" TTI exhaust from the former 440, so cutting up a new exhaust and dropping a $1000 on good coated headers just wasn't justifiable for 13 more hp. I also didn't mess with my starter or beat up my inner fenders like I have in the past with headers. Also, all the manifold cars i've ever had have never ran hot. All my header cars get a little warm for my taste and have ended up some type of leak.

I would hazzard a guess as the HP is restricted by the iron intake, carb, low compression and cam selection. Not the header or not to header. Also one doesn't need to spend $1000 on a set of headers.
As mentioned before if you already have the mani's and exhaust use it, if you are statrting from scratch and you want the most out of your engine get a set of headers. Some people here think they are the most complicated thing in the world for some reason. If you take your time even cheap sets can be installed w/o issues. ALL headers will be harder to install than mani's so keep that in mind.

Who says the horsepower is restricted? 500hp out of a pump gas, non stroker doesn't sound restricted to me! As far as the intake comment; you know this is a Hemi, right?

anyhow, even though the Hemi manifolds are better than the RB HP ones, this is a good example of a motor that obviously didn't benefit much from installing headers (even the good, expensive ones!)

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]