Quote:

For those who have their 440 small blocks up and running, can you give us your opinion on how they are working so far?

Does this car belong to anyone on the Board?

Thanks.

That ride in your link is my car Griz, it is a 4" stroke 440 using small chamber ported W5's- here is the link to the build if your interestedhttps://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/remlinker.php?Cat=0&Entry=277531&F_Board=Racer&Thread=6150507&Main=6147038
What you see in the video is my first run on the road with my 1050 dom and modified indy 360-3 intake and is completely untuned (and still is ) and not really indicitive of it's full potential. I suppose it's a under achiever in a sense with it's low compression (10.6) but should still be in that 680-700 hp area with the different intake and the addition of a vacuum pump. Either way it's a street car and runs well.
Unlike my previous 416 with W2's this 440 makes way more torque at low(er) rpms, it's hard to decide without a time slip whether to shift early and let the torque work or let it rev as it pulls equally hard throughout the rpm range. I could shift it earlier but it revs quickly and eagerly- so... I let it buck