Quote:

Thanks for all the responses. I am leaning toward the ultra flow after reading dpellerier's comment that they are the choice of top running cars at Pure Stock. Do you think I would pick up anything in et at the track by switching from the flow masters to the ultra flows? Having it I the loud side is ok with me.......I would just like to lose the resonance.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. There are several flow charts floating around the internet, but the upshot is that the Ultraflows flow just as well as straight pipe (99%), whereas the Flowmasters are amongst the worst. I don't remember the actual numbers, but they were around 60% or so depending on the size, etc. Before purchasing my system, I spoke to several of the Pure Stock legends including Bob Karakashian and Jim Spetzman and a couple others.....they all advised me to use the Ultraflows and told me most of the fast cars had them.

As far as you picking up ET, it is certainly possible though it depends on your current build. Another thing most people fail to consider is that the entire exhaust system needs to be looked at as whole. I firmly believe that my HP manifolds, 2 1/2" TTI and Ultraflow setup flows better than a cheapy set of headers with the stock 2 1/4" compression bent tubing and stock mufflers.

A member here with a '70 440-6 RR picked up something like 0.4 - 0.5 seconds doing a swap to the same setup I'm using. I forget his name here (maybe he'll chime in) but he has the ex-university test car.

Dave

On edit; his name is Paul IIRC? don't remember his Moparts handle.

Last edited by DPelletier; 10/28/11 01:45 PM.

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]