Quote:

I had a 70 XH base Charger for my daily driver back in the eighties. It was FY1 yellow,just like my R/T SE. I put R/T scoops on it,painted a tailstripe on it,and put magnum 500s on it,and the cars looked like twins. I used to swap the plates from car to car,and only the R/T was really registered. It had a bench seat,no upper pads,and a design where the clock/tach would normally be. It had radio delete too. It did not even have the map light Chargers have under the dash pad. just a black metal block off plate. The car was a 318/3 speed manual on the column. It had 14 inch painted yellow steel wheels with dog dish hubcaps. It was about as base a Charger as there ever was. I later parted it out. Like my R/T SE it had typical New England Charger rust issues.

About 20 years ago there was a 70 exactly like that except for color, in a junkyard south of here. Never before or since have I seen another charger with a 3 on the tree manual. The only cool option this one had was buckets with a six way seat, now in my friends 70 GTX. Had to have been a sales bank car.

Rob 70 Swinger 340 4spd FC7 4 sale 69 Charger auto Q5 14 Challenger SRT8 Core 6spd black Deposit on Hellcat