Quote:

I'll never understand why harleys get free passes for being loud, but a loud car will get a ticket.

They don't .......sort of.
My Brother and I got stopped while enjoying a leisurely putt near downtown Minneapolis.
He wrote us both , telling my Brother that his bike was clearly louder.
He has stock pipes......I do not.
We went to court to contest the ticket and the court , in their wisdom , dismissed them both.
But we had to go to the court house , wait to see a hearing officer who will decide if they will drop it or not , then go to the court room , where the prosecutor decided it wasn't worth their time or money to fight.
The best part of it all was the wait for the hearing officer.
We were packed into a room with some thirty other people who wanted to try and get their charges dropped........my Brother and I were the only caucasians in the room.
The come out and call your name when it is your turn to see the man , and this person came out and called " Ali ? Muhammed Ali ? "
A 75 pound , stick legged person of Somali descent rose from the corner and proceeded to the door.
I stepped in front of him , pointed and said , loud enough for the entire audience......... " Hey.....it's the Champ ! "
Brought the house down.
Even the hearing officer had to laugh.
My criteria for what constitutes a street car are far more liberal than most......definitely most law enforcement officers.
Is it safe ?
Then it'll do.