Moparts

Is my car a "street" car now?

Posted By: 408strokerdart

Is my car a "street" car now? - 10/20/11 02:48 AM

Bought a new house and the driveway isn't wide enough (until tomorrow) to get my trailer in so I pulled into a business with a big parking lot to unload the car. Was only about 1/2 mile or so from our house, but it felt good driving it down this little country road. 42' wide driveway entrance coming tomorrow via yours truly the general contractor for a day.
Posted By: dOc !

Re: Is my car a "street" car now? - 10/20/11 03:12 AM

1/2 mile ? .. ... that is about as good as many do ....who claim to have STREET CARZ ...
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Is my car a "street" car now? - 10/20/11 03:17 AM

Did you use your directional indicator when turning into the drive ?
That seals it for me.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Is my car a "street" car now? - 10/20/11 03:47 AM

Street cars cant go that fast. Ron
Posted By: jvcuda

Re: Is my car a "street" car now? - 10/20/11 05:18 AM

Nah,you have to get pulled over for loud exhaust at least!
Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

Re: Is my car a "street" car now? - 10/20/11 01:37 PM

was there a Traffic light involved..? you have to come to a stop at a redlight ...wait for the green then proceed...lol.....

make sure to have the driver add water to the Cement/truck before they pour..it always needs water to get the mix correct. if not..youll be breaking your back and rake..lol (they send concrete trucks out dry-er to slow down the cure rate)fyi.. best of luck..
chepast
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Is my car a "street" car now? - 10/20/11 01:48 PM

Quote:

thats funny,i just got nailed last week.actually got into a "debate" with the officer about whether it was a street car or a race care with a plate.
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: Is my car a "street" car now? - 10/20/11 02:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

thats funny,i just got nailed last week.actually got into a "debate" with the officer about whether it was a street car or a race care with a plate.

how old was the cop
Posted By: TheOtherDodge

Re: Is my car a "street" car now? - 10/20/11 03:36 PM

Street car? Sure if it was legal to be driven on the street. Streetable? That's a different subject.

Re: Is my car a "street" car now? - 10/20/11 03:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

how old was the cop

he was a 60 year old and had to go into detail about how he had a 69 road runner and can tell the diff between a street car and and a race car.it was kinda funny,while we were tailking a couple o hotdogs on harleys went by and he stopped talking becuase they were so loud he couldnt hear.
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Is my car a "street" car now? - 10/20/11 03:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

how old was the cop

while we were tailking a couple o hotdogs on harleys went by and he stopped talking becuase they were so loud he couldnt hear.

Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Is my car a "street" car now? - 10/20/11 04:03 PM

I'll never understand why harleys get free passes for being loud, but a loud car will get a ticket.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Is my car a "street" car now? - 10/20/11 04:16 PM

Quote:

I'll never understand why harleys get free passes for being loud, but a loud car will get a ticket.

Not on my watch they don't

Re: Is my car a "street" car now? - 10/20/11 04:27 PM

i cant tell ya how many times i had deputies pull up next to me at a light and give me a

Re: Is my car a "street" car now? - 10/20/11 04:44 PM

Quote:

i cant tell ya how many times i had deputies pull up next to me at a light and give me a

I get that too or "can you pull over, I want to see your car" as drool runs down their lips..

LOUD PIPES SAVES LIVES....and scares the crap outa most...
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Is my car a "street" car now? - 10/20/11 04:57 PM

LOUD PIPES SAVES LIVES....and scares the crap outa most...

YEP... I've been run over by a car while on a bike...
I went to louder pipes
Posted By: bwdst6

Re: Is my car a "street" car now? - 10/20/11 05:05 PM

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=are-hybrid-cars-too-quiet

“Are Hybrid Cars Too Quiet to Be Safe for Pedestrians?”

Re: Is my car a "street" car now? - 10/20/11 05:15 PM

Quote:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=are-hybrid-cars-too-quiet

“Are Hybrid Cars Too Quiet to Be Safe for Pedestrians?”

"DANGER Will Robinson".."they are coming"

oops..too late...

and besides, hearing a good cammed up engine gives me a rise every time....
Posted By: S/ST 3040

Re: Is my car a "street" car now? - 10/20/11 05:17 PM

Half a mile doesn't constitute a "street" car.

That's a quarter mile to wring it out and a quarter to get it
slowed down to make the driveway. (turn-off)

Posted By: tubtar

Re: Is my car a "street" car now? - 10/20/11 07:32 PM

Quote:

They don't .......sort of.
My Brother and I got stopped while enjoying a leisurely putt near downtown Minneapolis.
He wrote us both , telling my Brother that his bike was clearly louder.
He has stock pipes......I do not.
We went to court to contest the ticket and the court , in their wisdom , dismissed them both.
But we had to go to the court house , wait to see a hearing officer who will decide if they will drop it or not , then go to the court room , where the prosecutor decided it wasn't worth their time or money to fight.
The best part of it all was the wait for the hearing officer.
We were packed into a room with some thirty other people who wanted to try and get their charges dropped........my Brother and I were the only caucasians in the room.
The come out and call your name when it is your turn to see the man , and this person came out and called " Ali ? Muhammed Ali ? "
A 75 pound , stick legged person of Somali descent rose from the corner and proceeded to the door.
I stepped in front of him , pointed and said , loud enough for the entire audience......... " Hey.....it's the Champ ! "
Brought the house down.
Even the hearing officer had to laugh.
My criteria for what constitutes a street car are far more liberal than most......definitely most law enforcement officers.
Is it safe ?
Then it'll do.
Posted By: BigDog68Dart

Re: Is my car a "street" car now? - 10/20/11 11:44 PM

I am sure that all the lights work, and it has an emisions sticker probly, all you need is a handicap sticker for parking and you are good to good, most miles put on it this year from parking lot to driveway, something wrong with this picture, I guess Dad should come down and race that puppy for you so it doesn't get cobwebs!

Attached picture 6880855-IMAG0081.JPG
Posted By: ALKYW5DART

Re: Is my car a "street" car now? - 10/21/11 01:05 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

how old was the cop

he was a 60 year old and had to go into detail about how he had a 69 road runner and can tell the diff between a street car and and a race car.it was kinda funny,while we were tailking a couple o hotdogs on harleys went by and he stopped talking becuase they were so loud he couldnt hear.

did you tell the old guy it has a 3/4 cam not a full race cam
Posted By: 408strokerdart

Re: Is my car a "street" car now? - 10/21/11 01:10 AM

Quote:

I am sure that all the lights work, and it has an emisions sticker probly, all you need is a handicap sticker for parking and you are good to good, most miles put on it this year from parking lot to driveway, something wrong with this picture, I guess Dad should come down and race that puppy for you so it doesn't get cobwebs!

Is that the $20 I took from you on best light?
Posted By: ChrgrCuda

Re: Is my car a "street" car now? - 10/21/11 01:55 AM

Quote:

Bought a new house and the driveway isn't wide enough (until tomorrow) to get my trailer in so I pulled into a business with a big parking lot to unload the car. Was only about 1/2 mile or so from our house, but it felt good driving it down this little country road. 42' wide driveway entrance coming tomorrow via yours truly the general contractor for a day.

So that's what I heard sitting on the porch the other night.......
Posted By: Hotchkis

Re: Is my car a "street" car now? - 10/21/11 07:56 PM

Quote:

408strokerdart – That must been a sight to see! And hear!
Posted By: BigDog68Dart

Re: Is my car a "street" car now? - 10/21/11 11:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Is that the $20 I took from you on best light?

No, don't try to impress your friends, that is when I had to buy you back in after another first round loser ticket! by the way your Dad has gone two years since a first round loss at the mopower events in super pro, pat on my back!
© 2024 Moparts Forums