Quote:

My opinion 1.5 compression numbers will only gain you 15 to 18 hp. You need 40 to 45. I would bump the compression to 10.5 with a bigger 254/264 ish cam .620/.600 ish lift with 108ish LSA.
Those two things should get you there. A step header 1 5/8 to 1 3/4 might be a great add on without giving up any bottom end. (or 1 7/8??) if you can afford CNC porting that will add even more.

I don't feel a 230 duration cam will get you there.

The better quench of a 0 deck piston should help some more for sure!

As far as cams go, I dont really want to increase duration because I figure im going to have to rev it more? My car is street/strip and im already in need of more gear with my 4.10's and 28" tires, but I drive it to the track, and 2 hours at 3000rpms isnt fun, so i cant really go more...I don't mind getting a totally new cam to work with the setup, and I have no doubts Brian will set me up nice...I just don't want to overcam it..I mean with my current combo things were so simple and the cam was nothing radical yet it worked real well to squeeze every last bit out of my engine.

As far as headers go, I thought the 1-5/8's I have would be good for producing torque, which I thought is what I need considering im using a short stroke low tq motor

I was also hoping that the bump in CR and the quench factor would work well together... I should also look into CNC porting, though im not sure that is offered on the RHS castings?