Quote:

Quote:

Hey guys,

Just curious how with everything else being the same how much more power my engine could pick up with a compression bump from just under 9:1 up to about 10.5:1? The current configuration has the pistons below the deck about .083". So with the new compression I would be zero decked with about .040" quench. Here is a mild run down of the engine...best time is in my sig...guessing at about 320hp at the wheels

1991 360 Roller block
Bone stock bottom end
9:1 compression
RHS heads prepped by Brian at IMM engines
custom ground hydraulic roller from Brian at IMM with specs as follows:

Gross Valve lift with 1.6 rocker arms- 577 int., 569 exh.
Duration at .050”- 230/230
Lobe Separation- 106
Cam installed at 101 Intake Centerline (5 degrees of advance ground into cam)

Topped off with an Eddy air gap, Holley 750HP, 1-5/8's headers, 3" exhaust

So how much more power can I expect to make? If i can get this engine to e/t the car to a high 11 on the motor I would be super happy.

With Kb 107's at zero deck, if your heads were 62cc that'll be 10.6:1 so I would back the cam up so it's straight up. That will pick up power in the upper end while the compression will pick it up in TQ everywhere.
Then zero lash the rockers and rev it to 6500 and that should be close to where you want to be.
Then work on the chassis...

Hey Brian, I was looking at a forged offerring in pistons, possibly from probe. My biggest thing was with the compression bump and the fact that I would create quench by zero decking and using the appropriate head gasket, how much more power would I make? Im not sure im comfortable taking the stock lifters to 6500rpms considering my prior luck with them this past summer, but I do trust you. I really wouldnt mind getting a different cam ground either if it is the best way...I was going to eventually call you about this, but was just trying to get an idea of what the compression bump would do...Ideally I want to do a stroker, but not sure if its in the cards financially, so just exploring my other options. I would also be spraying the heck outta this thing if i kept it a 360 with forged pistons, so that may change cam stuff up a little

So far the chassis on my car is working pretty good....Reason I don't want to rev the car higher also is because I would need to up my rear gear ratio, and with the 4.10's its already a huge compromise. Only crossing the stripe at 5500rpms in 4th gear with the current combo, so I would definitely have to gear up