A customer upgraded from factory 14 inch big bolt pattern Ralleyes in the rear to 15X8 Ralleye repops he supplied and ordered from Summit.#56-5812042
He got the backspacing of 4.5".
In theory and on paper this should have worked on this car.
I sold him 2556015 Mickey Thompson's to help fill out the rear wheel well.
Not knowing the car's history or any other modifications,it is hard to say what else has been monkeyed with.
Don't get me wrong,this car is really nice and is a strong runner.
The car was upgraded by a previous owner with disc brakes up front and an unknown 8-1/4 rear axle.
Big bolt pattern all the way around.
At this point,I am only trusting the customer's judgement-it is his car after all and he bought it restored.
Even with the 255's the dang tires rub the leaf springs.
What gives??
Too much backspacing??
15X8 was ordered with the intent to go bigger in tire sizes or go slicks in the future.
I plan on measuring the axle width flange to flange and do a proper backspacing measurement with the wheels off.
I am also going to test fit some mounted cop wheels and Centerlines with 2756015 on them as well.
Ya think that after owning and driving the car for 6 years he would KNOW HIS CAR and HE SUPPLIED THE RIMS.
I really do not want to eat the damaged tires because of this and the measuring hopefully will save grace for me and my shop.
I feel bad about since he trusted my recommendations,plus the owner is a nice guy.

Neither he or anybody else can determine if the rear is a correct A body or a Dakota rear diff until I get the car back in the shop for a closer look.
I had seen many other Dusters with fatter tires and wide rims to a certain extent where no spring relocation or mini tubs were not needed--yet,LOL.
I have been around Mopars almost all my life and this has got me stumped.I never seen such a moderate size tire do that before.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

'68 Newport Custom Barge on a Budget!! BOAB
1973 Satellite WAGON! 318- 3 on the tree!!
2008 Chrysler 300c HEMI!