you wouldn`t believe what it`s like trying to reproduce things in australia. we went crazy restoring an australian r/t charger with stripes and decals-i wouldn`t settle for anything but exact and it is not possible with modern digital type technology. firstly the stripe masking kits that you buy here are wrong-everyone of them believes they are taken from nos samples but when you place them against three original paint cars that i have access to you see the differences. we finally got that correct with tracings and lots of wasted masking kits cut by computer controlled systems.
the decals on the rear quarters-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/doctor_keats/167039892/lightbox/
good luck-i have a complete nos set of decals but didn`t want to use them on the restoration because the car wasn`t mine so i tried to get them reproduced accurately-forget it-the computer systems that try change minor things like the corners of each letter to be more neater and not like the originals that were sometimes more rounded off and sometimes sharper depending on the letter-i gave up on those. basically- what could be done in 1971 can`t be done in 2011 in australia. i almost sent my nos set to performance car graphics to see if they could reproduce them.
it makes me wonder what the u.s decals are like compared to nos.
all the best
frank.

Last edited by 1cuda; 10/08/11 08:17 PM.