Quote:

They actually had problems with the pumps that would cause that. I bet it is the 4/3 downshift as all the customers also thought it was the shift back into first. If you know anyone with a scanner have them reset the QuickLearn. If not you can try unhooking the battery for about 10 minutes. The TCM has an adaptive memory as it will learn how you drive it and adapt how the shift solenoids apply the clutches. Usually if that fixes it for a while and then if it does it again then it may need a pump. The problem with the pump is delayed engagement at times into first gear which is applying the underdrive clutch. The delay causes the CVI count to go up as the trans will adapt to how fast the underdrive clutch applies. And since it runs the CVI count up it will apply underdrive harder when its not delayed any. When the trans downshifts from 4th to 3rd the underdrive clutch gets engaged and it usually bangs in which causes the banging on the downshift. But try and get the Quicklearn set and then see how it does after that. See if the banging comes back in a week or so. If not then dont worry about it. Its best to have the QuickLearn set with a scanner. Ron

Ron-

Thank you I will give that a try.

I used Mopar ATF+4 so I know its the right fluid. I dont thinks its going from 4th to 1st,it happens when the car gets to about 30 mph on decel. I think Ron hit it on the head.

Jared

87 D100 225 4 speed.