Quote:

We have a 1/2 mile dirt race track here in town. You can't find a used 350 Chevy engine that isn't wore out, and then they think a rebuildable core is worth $500. You can find nearly any other brand of small block engine in good enough condition to drop in a car for about 1/2 that price. Good thing you can still buy the "new" assembled in Mexico small block Chevy's for little money, but as I hear it, you have a 50/50 chance of getting a good one. Seems a cheap and reliable Chevy engines are a crap shoot as well. Of course, for twice (or more) the money you can actually buy good motors.
Still the sheep think you have to have a Chevy 350 to have a reliable engine. Who says advertising doesn't work? What ever makes them happy, I know better. Gene

GENE when i lived in the chicago area,building my 66 barracuda,,i was lucky enough to be able to have my motor built by rhyne racing engines in GARY IND, they normally only build roundy round motors,,great place to do busniess i might add,,, any way that was in the mid 1990s back then they had a giant sign inside WANTED 340/400 chevy blocks,,

1966 barracuda prostreeter super charged 340(SOLD)
1940 dodge coupe 241 hemi street rod
2014 ram express hemi 4x4 dailey driver
2015 cherokee
2013 R/T classic