To each his own, some people just want a hot rod and really don’t care about what powers it or how (if) it performs or drives. In which case it really doesn’t matter to them what powers the car as long as it easy, meets the expatiations of the unwashed masses and can have a lot of chrome and doodads thrown on it.

I guess it just depends on where a person’s priorities are. From the pictures, whoever built the car did a beautiful job and spent a bunch of money on it but cheaped out on a bunch too.

Being as how the steering was mentioned, I’m currently in the process of betting the steering sorted out on my 37 Dodge. By time I bought the joints and shafts to snake the steering around the headers on the HEMI, I’ve got over $500 in joints and shafts (and their the cheaper plain steel rather than stainless or billet(because won’t be seen with the fenders on). Of course on mine I won’t have to worry about a rag joint melting on a long trip, and I’ll bet that’s less money than he has in having the tire cover painted…….like I said it’s about priorities.

1957 Plymouth (Hemi, Dual Quads, A833 4 Speed 9 1/4 w 4.10) Sold
1937 Dodge Pickup (Hemi, 6X2 intake, 46RH, Dana 60 w 4.56) Sold
1968 Plymouth Valiant 2dr sedan (354 HEMI, 46RH w/4.30 gears) under construction