Quote:

The thing that always scares me from using a used cam & lifters is that even if you do keep the lifters in the same order, the two blocks would have to have been machined exactly the same to ensure the same lifter-to-lobe wear pattern. I figure the odds of that are about slim and none, short of both blocks having had their lifter bores bushed by the same machinist using exactly the same equipment.

I've heard this stated before and while I'll agree there can be a problem I don't think it's all that critical. I've had my solid flat tappet Hughes/Engle cam in two different stock blocks, a 68 340 and an 89 360 block with the same lifters. I've never had a problem with it even without any additives to the Mobil 1 oil I used.

Of course new lifters would be prefered but as long as he knows it's all on him, and you put it in writing with him signing, I'd do it. I take whatever I can get these days.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.