I like the Mirada, but prefer the Cordoba. They are a decent car in many respects. It's growing more difficult to find these cars. They did not sell real well, so decent examples are becoming less numerous. Many parts needed for these cars can be found on other Chrysler models of that era. The Mirada specific parts will probably be a little harder to locate.

The chassis is shared with the Diplomat, Grand Fury and Fifth Ave. Suspension pieces off a Diplomat or Grand Fury Cop car will significantly improve handling.

These cars were NOT noted for performance from the factory. I think the slant six was the standard engine. The standard 318 in that time period only had around 140 horsepower. The 360 was only available for 1 or 2 years in the Mirada. It's rare to even see a factory 360 car. Besides the weak engines, the next biggest problem is that most of them had 2.2 or 2.4 ratio rear axles.

If you like the body style, the cars can be significantly improved with a little effort. I'd swap in a stronger 8 1/4 rear axle with better gears. Installing an A500 or 518 Transmission will provide overdrive and retain good highway cruising manners with the new gears. Modifying the engine will depend on your local emission control laws. In many areas it is possible to swap in a magnum 318 or 360. The Magnum engines are fuel injected and often have around 230 horsepower.

When this is all completed, the car should be a great driver with acceptable performance and fuel economy.