Quote:

I think I need to see a broadcast sheet to be convinced. I know the 383 with the A31 package came with an 054. I am sure that by high performance radiator they meant maximum cooling. The literature that I remember used the words maximum cooling system. The 055 also came with a different fan clutch for A/C. I know your car is very original but the 054 could have been switched for a different home at some point?

John, I agree that the 054 came with the A31 High Performance Axle Package with the 3.91 8-3/4 and that's what camee with my '69 road runner I ordered in '69 but my '69 GTX is a 3.54 Dana which is the A33 Track Pak.

As for the radiator being switch I can't rule that out. The car title shows me as the third owner and it was almost completely original down to the wheels that still have a set of '70's or '80's BFG T/A radials with the original T/A tread patern. I'll post two photos of the engine in the car untouched with 93,000+ miles on it, one that my friend took when he was told about it and one that was on ebay at the same time as my friend was looking at it (that's another long crazy story too).

Let me know if it looks like an original radiator and if you can tell if it's an 054 or 055:

Photo from ebay no sale:

(Remember this is a California silenced car with no chrome tips either)

LOOK AT THE RADIATOR CAP AND THE DIRECTION OF THE OVERFOLW TUBE!!! NOTE THE ANGLE

6922650-e9_1rsL.jpg (213 downloads)