Quote:

That may be a casting number as you know Ola, and may not be the actual part number.
Sometimes part number and casting number vary.

Terry,

This has to be the case. I have seen several NOS tail panels and all but two have had the 3417412 number stenciled onto it. Different colors: light gray, dark gray, red oxide, dark red oxide. Some still have the parts bin locator tag that identifies the part number, still taped to the piece.
The NOS panel that I have, and one additional one that I have looked at, are the only two that I have seen without the 3417412 number. Both of these have the 2808142 number stamped into the rear, bottom lip (trunk pan attachment area). Silly me, I should have made note to see if the 3417412 stenciled ones have the 2808142 stamped into it?

Does anyone have an NOS panel to look at, maybe see if it has these same features.
Does anyone know what the S15 A1 stamped information is? I think that I know, but want to be certain.

My initial thoughts were: The panel that I have may be an early example of a replacement part, instead of the [common] ones that were occasionally for sale these past 10-15 years. I have the same scenario with an NOS 1970 trunk pan. Usually you see the late 71-74 pans for sale. I have one that is an early 1970 part (date stencil and proper shock access holes). I thought that this tail panel might be a similar situation. Early vs. later. Maybe the initial part numbers were different? Thus my question for access to the early versions of the Parts Catalog.

Thank you all for your time on this search. I can only assume that the ONLY correct number is 3417412.

Ola

6828857-NOS3417412h.jpg (31 downloads)

1970 `cuda340 convertible 4-speed Rallye Red with Red interior
cudaized.com

1970-71 Plymouth and Dodge E-Body Convertible Registry
ebodyconvertibleregistry.com