I am almost done building my adapter plate. I decided to build one from steal so I can keep it thinner. I will weld the studs in for the tranny and use short head bolts to bolt the plate to the engine and machine a bit into the tranny housing for the bolt heads that thread into the engine. I figured out you have to use the 727 position for the starter. And I lucked out and got the 360 magnum tranny with the high stall. It is a 10.75" converter that just might stall out were I need which is ~2400 rpm to still be streatable. Mine is a non lockup so thats what I will have to limit my stall at for now. It should rev at 2350 with 3.91 gears my 26" tires and about 200 rpm slip at 60mph like I had with the 12" 727 converter. I will take pictures tonight. I also figured out I have to cut the welds on the starter gear and slide it back the distance of the tranny adapter plate towards the engine on the converter and I will need to space the tourque converter back the same distance from the flex plate as well. The further you can keep the tranny forward the easer it will fit in the tunnel. I have a transgo shift reprogramer kit and a super master rebuild kit coming with red eagle clutches so I can squeeze in 5 clutches instead of 4. Should be fun!

Last edited by arlo#1; 08/26/08 01:14 PM.